Particle is the most widely-used Internet of Things (IoT) platform. We’ve built the largest community of developers and engineers in the industry, and we’ve shipped more than hundreds of thousands of development kits to 170 countries. Hundreds of IoT products, from smart home appliances to industrial equipment, are being built on Particle’s platform. We are committed to making it easy for anyone to get their products online, and we support product creators of any size — from Fortune 500s to blossoming entrepreneurs.
People at Particle
Investment in our people is critical to who we are as a company. From extensive onboarding, to 360 feedback, to your very own Culture Ambassador, you’ll have the tools to navigate your own success from the start. From there, you’ll work with your manager to create your own growth path and get the coaching needed to achieve it. Our people get:
- Competitive health, dental, and vision benefits
- Stock options
- Flexible and open vacation policy
- Commuter allowances
- Generous parental leave policy
Particle is hiring a Business Development Representative to help accelerate the growth of the most widely used Internet of Things (IoT) software platform in the market. Our enterprise business and the ecosystem around our platform has grown to include over 180,000 developers. As a result, we have relationships with a majority of the Fortune 1000. IoT is a rapidly evolving space and our customers are looking not just for a platform, but strategic partnership and thought leadership from solution providers. In short, the opportunity is immense.
We are looking for smart, energetic Business Development Professionals who are eager to help shape how we identify and engage with new customers. Our customers span all industries, from energy companies to healthcare, so it’s important for candidates to be naturally curious and have great communication skills. We look for candidates who possess the drive to take the next step in their career – exploring the many possible avenues for growth within Particle – including in functions we haven’t even created yet!
- Achieve monthly quota of sourced qualified opportunities
- Qualify inbound leads and identify new opportunities living within our Developer Community of 150,000+ members
- Articulate Particle’s value proposition to assess a fit with prospective customers’ business needs
- Partner with Account Executives to identify companies that fit our ideal customer profile and proactively prospect into those target verticals and accounts
- Craft thoughtful and targeted messaging to further build the pipeline
- Help create a database of CRM intelligence by consistently logging activities, updating information, adding contacts, and entering new accounts
- Contribute ideas and action plans on ways we can improve!
- 6+ months of experience in sales development or similar disciplines
- Diligence, curiosity and an appetite for getting things done quickly and effectively. You love to set challenging goals and then develop plans to deliver and achieve them.
- Excellent and clear communication skills. This means writing compelling yet concise emails to prospects, maintaining poise on the phone and being an active listener.
- A knack for problem-solving and brainstorming. You look at the way things are, imagine twenty ways they can be improved, and then act on the best possible solution.
- Flexibility and adaptability. You’re excited to wear a lot of hats (even if they’re out of your particular job description) and to learn new things.
- Proven ability to craft engaging messaging to prospects
- Proficiency with software tools, such as Salesforce, Outreach, Google Suite, Office and HubSpot
- Ability to independently develop and execute sales campaign strategies
- Organized and efficient approach towards day-to-day work
- Track record of top performance and success in a quota-carrying role
- Ability to manage complex projects while maintaining order and accuracy
- Genuine excitement about learning about the IoT space
- Fun. We have a fun, supportive office culture. You should be able to have fun on the job!
We are inspired by our mission of enabling the next technological revolution, and by the incredible products that people build on our platform. We also support our Particle family and community by embracing our core values of caring, curiosity, openness, joy, and trust.
Everyone is welcome at Particle. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.