Our support team is expanding and looking for a Customer Technical Support Engineer to work closely with our enterprise customers and collaborate with engineering, product, and professional services teams to respond, identify, and resolve issues. You will actively contribute to our knowledge documentation and training materials while managing and prioritizing customers’ support requests. As a key member of our customer success team, you will deliver expert knowledge and exceptional customer service to support customers’ implementations. You will become an expert in Particle hardware and software platforms, while evangelizing Particle’s solutions to enable customers to overcome challenging IoT problems. Please note that even though this position is remote, we are looking for candidates who are located within the Eastern Time Zone.
You have a growth mindset, a natural curiosity, and a bias towards action. You understand the importance of customer metrics, you are self-directed and can be depended on to deliver the highest quality of work and customer satisfaction. If this describes you, keep reading!
- Support a global customer base via phone, email or ticketing systems
- Demonstrate ownership, follow-through with customers and drive issues to resolution
- Reproduce customer issues and test new product functionality
- Partner with customers to achieve their desired goals by illustrating best practices
- Actively collaborate with CSMs on driving customer net retention and loyalty
- Adhere to contractual SLAs for responsiveness
- Update and extend documentation
- Be on-call rotation for customers and our product team
- Enhance our offering by working with product and engineering to identify bugs and participate in developing workarounds prior to formal releases from the engineering team
- Communicate recurring issues, challenges, and roadblocks with fellow team members and products
- 3-5 years of experience in a customer-facing technical support position
- 2-3 years of experience working with engineering on resolution of issues
- At least 3 years of experience using Zendesk or equivalent issue management system
- Previous experience contributing to knowledge base content
- Git or other version control systems experience
- Experience troubleshooting embedded or hardware-related issues
- Experienced with microcontroller based applications and wireless technologies
- Awareness of at least one scripting language (Node.js, Ruby/Rails, Python, Bash, SQL, etc.)
- Troubleshooting different communication protocols (TCP, UDP), WebSockets, REST APIs, etc.
- Experience with mobile networking technologies (2G, 3G, LTE, CAT M1, NB-IoT)
- A bachelor’s degree in a CS, Engineering, Information Technology, or a similar discipline
- IoT or software development experience/API development (a plus)
- Professional, personable, conscientious
- Empathetic and naturally curious
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and/or direction
- An excellent communicator (written and verbal)
We are inspired by our mission of enabling the next technological revolution, and by the incredible products that people build on our platform. We also support our Particle family and community by embracing our core values of caring, curiosity, openness, joy, and trust.
Particle is the most widely-used Internet of Things (IoT) platform. We’ve built the largest community of developers and engineers in the industry, and we’ve shipped more than hundreds of thousands of development kits to 170 countries. Hundreds of IoT products, from smart home appliances to industrial equipment, are being built on Particle’s platform. We are committed to making it easy for anyone to get their products online, and we support product creators of any size — from Fortune 500s to blossoming entrepreneurs.
Investment in our people is critical to who we are as a company. From extensive onboarding, to 360 feedback, to your very own Culture Ambassador, you’ll have the tools to navigate your own success from the start. From there, you’ll work with your manager to create your own growth path and get the coaching needed to achieve it. Our people get:
- Competitive health, dental, and vision benefits
- Stock options
- Flexible and open vacation policy
- Work from home allowance
- Generous parental leave policy
Everyone is welcome at Particle. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.