Particle is the most widely-used Internet of Things (IoT) platform. We’ve built the largest community of developers and engineers in the industry, and we’ve shipped more than hundreds of thousands of development kits to 170 countries. Hundreds of IoT products, from smart home appliances to industrial equipment, are being built on Particle’s platform. We are committed to making it easy for anyone to get their products online, and we support product creators of any size — from Fortune 500s to blossoming entrepreneurs.
People at Particle
Investment in our people is critical to who we are as a company. From extensive onboarding, to 360 feedback, to your very own Culture Ambassador, you’ll have the tools to navigate your own success from the start. From there, you’ll work with your manager to create your own growth path and get the coaching needed to achieve it. Our people get:
- Competitive health, dental, and vision benefits
- Stock options
- Flexible and open vacation policy
- Commuter allowances
- Generous parental leave policy
Our mission is to help customers lead the IoT world by delivering the highest quality in engineering and services. Your primary role is to support and lead a team of experienced professionals in delivering success for customers and Particle. You should have experience working with enterprise customers on renewals, expansions, and reducing churn. You should be skilled in communications, and thrive in helping others succeed. You will have worked closely with Sales, Product, and Operations and can assume multiple roles to deliver successfully on complex initiatives. You should be a strong problem solver, act as a resource to your team, and where necessary, support your team cross the finish line.
To be successful in the role, you must have the necessary people skills to work effectively with customers and the team. You have a growth mindset, natural curiosity, and thrive on overcoming challenges. You are equally comfortable being hands-on and strategic. You understand the importance of customer metrics, you are self-directed, and can be a reliable leader in delivering the highest quality of work for the mutual benefits of our customers and Particle.
- Exceed net retention and loyalty goals
- Support and lead a team of professionals in developing account plans, expansion, and defend tactics
- Nurture customer accounts and develop trusted partner relationships
- Continuously improve customer onboarding and operate programs
- Collaborate with Sales, Customer Support, Product, and cross-functional teams on customer accounts and initiatives that drive retention and loyalty goals
- Collaborate closely with business and supply operations on order fulfillment
- Provide executive updates, business recommendations, and presentations to leadership and company
- Improve the team through employee engagement, individual development, and motivation
- A BA/BS degree
- A minimum of 5 years experience in customer success, account management, or similar functions
- 3-5 years of proven experience in people management and leadership
- 2 years SaaS business experience
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
- Strong empathy and self-awareness
- Proven ability and success to achieve KPIs and OKRs
- Expertise in diplomacy and skill in negotiations
- A demonstrable ability to navigate customer hierarchy with good executive presence
- Good operational discipline and exercise good business acumen
- IoT experience
- Working with APIs
- Software development experience
- Startup experience
We are inspired by our mission of enabling the next technological revolution, and by the incredible products that people build on our platform. We also support our Particle family and community by embracing our core values of caring, curiosity, openness, joy, and trust.
Everyone is welcome at Particle. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.