Who we are
Blues Wireless aims to put people and businesses better in touch with their world by unlocking the vast potential of cellular IoT.
The Notecard is a simple, cost-effective embeddable cellular IoT solution for cloud-based monitoring and connected operations. It Just works, with no cellular subscription required.
We are a small team, but we’ve done this all before, many times over, and have several decades of combined experience across startups, in software, hardware, connectivity, at companies large, small, and in-between. We officially launched to the public in December of 2020, and we need your help to invest in the success of our customers.
We are looking for a Director of Partner Engineering to help accelerate the success of our growing customer base and build an ecosystem of partners that enhance the value of our products and services. First and foremost, you will lead a small team as a hands-on leader and work with customers and Solutions Integrators (SIs) as they evaluate our products, design prototypes, and deploy pilots. You and your team will be trusted technical advisors to our customers and SIs and will serve as their voice and advocate within the company.
In addition, you will work with the Blues leadership team and the go-to-market team to define an SI strategy for our company, hire key contributors, and recruit a portfolio of SIs that help our customers bring their products to market, connect their products to cloud services, scale with us, and grow their own businesses. This function is an opportunity for you to bring your expertise to bear and drive our company in a new strategic direction by your efforts.
What You’ll Do
- Guide and educate customers on how to build IoT solutions using Blues products and services.
- Become an IoT expert, well-versed in the types of solutions our customers and SIs are building, and how Blues products help our customers win.
- Create technical Proof-of-concepts (POCs) and demos for customers.
- Work with the Developer Experience content team team to ensure that our documentation remains up-to-date, accurate and useful to developers.
- Work with the engineering and product teams to improve our products based on your hands-on experience and interactions with customers.
- Partner with our go-to-market team to define, design, and implement a partnership strategy and model for Blues Wireless.
- Define a team growth and hiring plan to ensure that your team is able to scale to meet increased customer demand.
Who You Are
- 7+ years of relevant technical experience, with at least 3 years working in customer-facing roles.
- Prior experience managing a team and building a team from the ground up.
- Fluent in written US English.
- Comfortable and willing to build end-to-end IoT apps, including web, cloud, and mobile.
- Strong writing skills and an ability to distill complex topics into easy-to-understand concepts.
- Comfortable working remotely with a distributed team.
- Experience with open source products, tools and communities, either as an active contributor, or regular committer is a plus.
- Experience in one of more IoT offerings from the major cloud vendors (Microsoft, Amazon, Google) is a plus.
- Hands-on hardware experience is a plus. If you own a soldering iron, have been known to spin your own PCBs, and haven’t met a surface-mount component that you couldn’t tackle, that’s a double-plus.
Some of our benefits
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Choice of equipment
- Small, cross-functional team
- Strong emphasis on collaboration & mentorship