SpinDance, a leader in custom Internet of Things (IoT) software, is looking for a full-stack developer to join our growing team of engineers. As a Software Engineer, you will build software across multiple domains (Cloud, Embedded, Mobile, and Web) in the rapidly expanding world of IoT. If you love using multiple languages in a variety of technical domains, you’ll love working at SpinDance.
At SpinDance, we focus on developing solutions for startups, Fortune 500s, and everyone in between. As part of our engineering team, you’ll get to work on projects across a wide variety of industries. You’ll work with an experienced, friendly team of software engineers, architects, and program managers to build a smarter connected world.
What You’ll Do
● Apply your understanding of software development in other domains, including Embedded, Mobile, and Machine Learning. Don’t worry if you don’t already have these skills, one of our core values is to mentor and learn!
● Learn to use IoT methodologies and protocols to build next-generation connected solutions.
● Use TDD, CI/CD, and DevOps methodologies to develop high-quality software.
● Work on Agile software teams to collaborate with customers to build the right solution for their unique requirements, timelines, and budgets.
● Support business development efforts by contributing to the preparation of quotes and proposals.
● Help SpinDance grow by being a thought leader inside and outside the organization.
What We’re Looking For
● Have a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent professional industry experience. A strong sense of software craftsmanship is a plus. At this time we are unable to sponsor visas.
● Have 7+ years of experience developing full-stack software professionally, especially as part of a distributed system. Don’t worry if you don’t know IoT, we’ll teach you that part, although some background in IoT is helpful.
● Proficiency with server-side technologies such as Java, Python, and .NET.
● Familiarity with relational and NoSQL database technologies, such as MySQL, Postgresql, Redis, MongoDB, CosmoDB, etc.
● Experience with modern cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform.
● Knowledge of communication protocols and paradigms such as: HTTP, GraphQL, WebSockets, MQTT, AMQP, synchronous, and asynchronous.
● A desire to gain experience and mastery across multiple domains (Cloud, Embedded, Mobile, and Web).
● Someone who loves the culture of a small company and enjoys working on every part of the software development life cycle: requirements gathering, architecture, development, testing, deployment, and support.
● A background or desire to work in an Agile DevOps environment.
● A desire to learn and share what you’ve learned through a variety of avenues.
● Strong interpersonal skills: teamwork is very important to us.
● A history of technical leadership is a plus. This could be project management, management, or functioning as a technical lead.
● Experience communicating to customer stakeholders and C-level executives is a plus.
● Being able to write a killer blog post is a plus.
SpinDance is a 21-year-old, profitable software company focused on craftsmanship and pragmatic solutions. Our team of around 50 includes people of all ages and walks of life, and who love waking up every day to solve all sorts of interesting problems.
Here’s what we offer:
● A competitive salary.
● Work anywhere in the United States.
● A fun, caring team who holds each other accountable for results, and values a healthy work/life balance.
● Flexible hours and locations. As knowledge workers, we understand the need for balancing community and collaboration with a deep focus. We use Jira, Pivotal Tracker, Google tools, and Slack to stay connected, and we trust our team to work where they want when they want.
● Standard 40 hour work weeks. We understand the best work comes from reasonable schedules sustained over months and years, not death marches. There are times where more work is expected, but in general, we aim for 40 hour weeks.
● Great healthcare and dental insurance.
● Paid vacation and time off.
● 401k with a matching contribution of 100% on the first 3% of your eligible earnings and an additional 50% on the next 2% of your eligible earnings.
● Ongoing professional development, including books, conferences, and certifications.
● A $50 reimbursement towards your cell phone bill.
● When in our office, snacks, and lunches are regularly available. We bring in breakfast food on Monday and have catered lunches twice a month, or more.
Interested? Let’s Talk.
If you want to learn more, drop us an email at [email protected] Make sure to include the following:
- Your resume.
- Contact info, including your name, email address, and a current phone number.
- Some sample code and/or a cover letter explaining why you’re interested in this position.
We’ll get back to you within a week to continue the process.