Kigen enables businesses to grow their Internet of Things rapidly through the SIM, eSIM and iSIM technologies and are pushing the boundaries in the industry. Working with a number of high profile customers globally we are currently seeking a Software Engineer to be based in our Belfast office.
As a Software Engineer at Kigen, as part of the Development team, you will be critical to our full set of SaaS solution providing eSIM provisioning services including profile generation, full management of Consumer and IoT eSIM and iSIM. A key element of our role is supporting our customers and working closely with our Platform and Customer onboarding teams to provide a full stack service.
|Role Title||Senior Engineer (Job Ref. No. 0073)||Grade||4|
|Line Manager||Engineering Manager||Location||Belfast, Northern Ireland|
|Direct Report||N/A||Job Function||Software Engineering|
What you will be doing:
- Plan, create, maintain, and deliver applications and services which will be used for the maintain millions of SIM cards worldwide.
- Use test-driven development to create well written, clean, and maintainable code.
- Develop server applications and services in multiple coding languages.
- Opportunities to take charge of your own development and work schedule including creating, maintaining, and reviewing sprints.
- Support for technical customer queries, interacting with clients from all over the world
- Working closely with customers, delivering an excellent customer experience by seeking to understand customer needs and striving to achieve mutually beneficial solutions.
What do we need:
- Demonstrable software development experience.
- Strong knowledge of Java and Object-Oriented programming and understanding of the software development lifecycle (specification, development, test, release, maintenance)
- Good knowledge of version control systems (Git, Bitbucket, etc.) and at least one Java IDE (Eclipse, IntelliJ).
- Good knowledge of software design patterns.
- Knowledge of NoSQL DB technologies (MongoDB, etc.)
- Knowledge of HTTPS, REST architecture and SOAP
- Experience in Cloud and SaaS technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes etc. would be useful.
- Experience with automated build systems such as Maven or Gradle.
- Attention to detail and good communication skills.
- A real team player who aspires to our core values of:
- Passion for customer success.
- Be excellent to all.
- Think big, act fast.
What are Kigen’s benefits?
At Kigen we like to ensure our people are well supported and rewarded for what they do. We offer a competitive salary, annual bonus scheme, annual wellbeing and personal development allowance, sabbatical and much more! Plus, you get to work with some fantastic people too!
How to apply
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.