Particle is the only end-to-end IoT platform that combines software, hardware, and connectivity as an integrated solution that ensures their customers’ IoT products are reliable, scalable, and secure. Thousands of companies ranging from traditional manufacturers to fast-growing start-ups are launching IoT products powered by Particle. Particle works with leading companies across a variety of industries, including customers like Jacuzzi, Continental Tires, Watsco, Shifted Energy, Anderson EV, and Opti. Particle is venture backed and has offices in San Francisco, Shenzhen, Las Vegas, Minneapolis, and Boston. Particle boasts the largest developer community in the IoT industry, with nearly 200,000 developers and engineers in more than 170 countries building with Particle.
People at Particle
Investment in our people is critical to who we are as a company. From extensive onboarding, to 360 feedback, to your very own Culture Ambassador, you’ll have the tools to navigate your own success from the start. From there, you’ll work with your manager to create your own growth path and get the coaching needed to achieve it. Our people get:
- Competitive health, dental, and vision benefits
- Stock options
- Flexible and open vacation policy
- Commuter allowances
- Generous parental leave policy
The Sr. Manager, Revenue will provide guidance and leadership with regard to GAAP compliance, revenue recognition, and optimizing deal financials. We’re looking for someone with strong business partnership skills, who is an adept communicator, and who enjoys collaborating with a talented and diverse workforce. This role will have frequent interactions with sales, business operations, supply chain, and finance teams. This is a highly visible role in the company, and a key leader in the finance and accounting team. This person will be responsible for ensuring the order-to-cash process is responsive, compliant and thorough.
- Manage Particle’s revenue recognition function and grow the OTC team over time.
- Manage transition of billing function from Business Ops to Accounting
- Lead the assessment and implementation of ASC 606 revenue recognition standard (Particle sells hardware, SaaS-based subscriptions, and professional services). This includes drafting and executing Particle’s 606 adoption memo, developing SSPs, and overhauling the revenue waterfall to be 606 compliant
- Implement a 606 checklist for deal reviews. Complete deal reviews from life-to-date, and maintain ongoing compliance with ASC 606
- Provide technical revenue and deal structuring advice to the business by participating in the Deals Desk function
- Own audit compliance for the order-to-cash process including direct interactions with auditors, fulfilling PBCs, and assisting on disclosures
- Establish appropriate processes and controls in the order to cash cycle
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting or a related field
- 8+ years of Accounting or Finance experience, including 6+ years in revenue recognition
- ASC 606 revenue recognition expertise, specifically at technology firms with SaaS, hardware, and professional service revenue streams
- Led part or all of an ASC 606 adoption project
- Experience in a private company under audit
- Proficiency in NetSuite
- Proficiency in Salesforce
- Expertise in Excel
- A “roll-up-your-sleeves attitude as a leader with the intention of setting direction as well as executing
- Experience thriving in a startup environment
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Employee coaching experience (and enjoy it!)
We are inspired by our mission of enabling the next technological revolution, and by the incredible products that people build on our platform. We also support our Particle family and community by embracing our core values of caring, curiosity, openness, joy, and trust.
Everyone is welcome at Particle. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.