The future, as we see it, has millions of more devices connected to the internet — from self-driving cars, to delivery drones, to electric scooters, to smart farming sensors. Hologram is here to connect anything to the internet — via our global cellular platform and network available in over 200 countries and territories.
Hologram is looking for an experienced engineer to build modern, robust web services to reinvent the phone company from the bottom up, or maybe from the inside out. Someone with pride in their craft, with the drive to learn new approaches to deliver great experiences, the judgment to know the next big thing from the fads, and the patience to teach the rest of the team.
What should excite you about Hologram
- A different kind of technical challenge. More than just another app, Hologram delivers internet to physical devices on the move all over the world.
- We’re committed to writing software the right way, using best practices to write high quality code and giving engineers the space and autonomy to do excellent work.
- Transparency all across the company, from how we pick the snacks we stock, to salaries, the cap table, and how many dollars are in the bank.
- Hologram engineers work up and down the stack, and are actively encouraged to cross-train in new areas of computer science they haven’t worked with before.
- We collaborate across departments, working directly with designers and product managers to decide what to build and how it will work.
- Untracked time off that people actually take, and strong support for working remotely and from home.
What gets us excited about you
- Experience deploying production user-facing software, especially if it shows an empathetic understanding of the user and their needs.
- Excitement to get under the hood, find out how things work, and how to make them better.
- The ability to take broad goals and turn them into specific plans, working through corner cases and obstacles, and exercising judgment along the way.
- You want to understand how the business works and how your work contributes to its success.
- You know where and how you do your best work, and what you need to stay in the zone.
- A talent for moving fast, both in time to first release on a new feature, and on long-running systems code that’s easy to maintain.
- Eagerness to continue to learn and grow, at any stage of your career.
Life with Hologram
As a “Hologrammer”, we know you’ll do what’s best for our product, customers, and team members. So we do our best to empower you to make the right calls without heavy bureaucracy.
Everyone at Hologram enjoys competitive, transparent pay and equity. We encourage solid work-life balance with unlimited PTO, and 100% employee / 80% dependent covered health (medical, dental, vision, life, disability) benefits.
We’re a small but diverse team that prides ourselves on celebrating everyone — we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. For accommodations during the hiring process please email [email protected]
Together we’re going to build something great — a way to help everyone stay online. From smart meters in corn fields to citywide bike sharing systems.