SpinDance is looking for a Senior User Experience/User Interface Designer to join our growing team of consultants and software engineers. UX/UI Designers at SpinDance collaborate with our customers to tackle end-to-end design challenges.
SpinDance focuses on the Internet of Things, and our solutions span devices, mobile apps, voice interfaces, and much more. We work with startups, Fortune 500s, and everyone in between. You’ll work with an experienced team of software engineers, architects, and program managers to build a smarter connected world.
What You’ll Do
● Collaborate with SpinDance’s engineers, project managers, and our customers to develop world-class, end-to-end IoT experiences. This includes physical devices, mobile and web apps, and voice interfaces. Don’t worry if you don’t have IoT experience; we’ll teach you that on the job.
● Conduct user research to understand how to best blend user needs with business requirements.
● Create wireframes, interactions designs, user journey maps, and other UX artifacts.
● Create and implement visual designs for web and mobile applications using tools like Photoshop, Sketch, and others.
● Support sales and marketing efforts through both thought leadership and collateral
creation support. This might include web- and print-based collateral.
What We’re Looking For
● Ideal candidates are experienced UX/UI designers with a consultant mindset and 5 or more years of hands-on experience. Experience in an agency is a plus.
● A track record for working independently and taking initiative.
● Someone with an entrepreneurial spirit and likes to take calculated risks.
● Experience with design tools such as Adobe UX, Sketch or Photoshop, and Figma.
● Experience with implementing designs into software is a plus.
● Experience with developing IoT or physical products will be a plus.
● A desire to learn and share what you learn.
● Strong verbal skills (you’ll be talking to people a lot) and strong written skills (you’ll be writing a lot).
● Someone who enjoys being in a small company.
SpinDance is a 21-year-old software consultancy focused on craftsmanship and pragmatic solutions. Our team of around 50 includes people of all ages and walks of life, and who love waking up every day to solve all sorts of interesting problems.
Here’s what we offer:
● A competitive salary.
● A fun, caring team who holds ourselves accountable for results, and values a healthy work/life balance.
● Flexible hours and locations. As knowledge workers, we understand the need for balancing community and collaboration with a deep focus. We use Scrum to stay connected, but we trust our team to work where they want when they want. We work
hard on creating an office environment you want to come to.
● Standard 40 hour work weeks. We understand the best work comes from reasonable schedules sustained over months and years, not death marches. There are times where more work is expected, but in general, we aim for 40 hour weeks.
● Great healthcare and dental insurance.
● 2 to 4 weeks of paid vacation and time off.
● A matching contribution of 100% on the first 3% of your eligible earnings and an additional 50% on the next 2% of your eligible earnings that you defer in the 401K plan.
● Ongoing professional development, including books, conferences, and certifications.
● A $50 reimbursement towards your cell phone bill.
● A paid day once a year to volunteer at the non-profit organization of your choice.
● Regular snacks and lunches. We bring in breakfast food on Monday and have catered lunches twice a month.
Interested? Let’s Talk.
If you want to learn more, drop us an email at [email protected] Make sure to include the following:
- Your resume.
- Contact info, including your name, email address, and current phone number.
We’ll get back to you within a week to continue the process.