SpinDance is looking for a professional Financial Controller to lead our Accounting and Finance functions.
What You’ll Do
As a Financial Controller, you will support leadership team with analysis and financial guidance
- Lead annual budgeting process to achieve goals with proper scheduling, analysis, and corrective action
- Assist in controlling expenses and business investments to optimize profitability
- Prepare and share reports and analyses to assist leadership decisions
- Provide assistance in identifying and improving KPIs
- Monitor the health of the income statement and balance sheet
- Provide insight into economic trends and financial drivers that impact the business
Oversee all accounting functions
- Manage part-time staff accountant
- Establish internal financial controls and management of financial systems
- Develop innovative initiatives to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of financial functions
- Oversee AP/AR and invoicing
- Oversee account reconciliations
- Manage tax preparation and relationship with outside tax accounting professionals
- Oversee cash forecasting and cash management
- Drive timely and accurate monthly and annual account close
- Maintain relationships with banks and other financial institutions
- Manage accounting setup of new employment states for tax purposes (remote team members)
Lead compliance with government and outside agencies
- As a Financial Controller you will stay apprised of all the local, state (multiple), and federal tax laws and business regulations that affect the company.
- Support audit compliance for records related to financial, accounting, and payroll systems.
- Coordinate with outside firms for tax preparation and planning.
- Track all corporate assets.
- Manage confidential and sensitive information with professionalism and ethical standards.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar focus preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar position or equivalent financial management experience.
- Broad knowledge of accounting financial systems.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting rules and regulations.
- Strong communicator with the ability to interact with all levels in an organization.
- Strong work ethic, integrity, and confidentiality in all company matters.
- A passion and drive to improve organizational performance
SpinDance is a profitable software company focused on craftsmanship and pragmatic solutions. We have been in business since 2000 and have evolved our business to take on the latest technology trends and implement them for our customers. Our team of around 50 includes people of all ages and walks of life, and who love waking up every day to solve interesting problems.
Here’s what we offer:
- A competitive salary.
- A fun, caring team who holds each other accountable for results, and values a healthy work/life balance.
- Flexible hours and locations. As knowledge workers, we understand the need for balancing community and collaboration with a deep focus.
- Standard 40-hour workweeks. We understand the best work comes from reasonable schedules sustained over months and years, not death marches. There are times when more work is necessary, but we aim for 40-hour weeks.
- Great healthcare and dental insurance.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Paid vacation, holidays, and time off.
- 401k with a matching contribution of 100% on the first 3% of your eligible earnings and an additional 50% on the next 2% of your eligible earnings. Roth options are available.
- Ongoing professional development, including books, conferences, and certifications.
- Ability to participate in profit sharing.
- An annual paid day to volunteer at the non-profit organization of your choice.
- Employee Assistance Program.