Home Office in Holland, MI. SpinDance, a leader in custom Internet of Things (IoT) software, is looking for a mobile-focused developer to join our growing team of engineers. As a SpinDance Senior Software Engineer Mobile, you will build software across multiple domains (Cloud, Embedded, Mobile, and Web) in the rapidly expanding world of IoT. If you love using multiple languages in a variety of technical domains, you’ll love working at SpinDance.
At SpinDance, we focus on developing solutions for startups, Fortune 500s, and everyone in between. As part of our engineering team, you’ll get to work on projects across a wide variety of industries. You’ll work with an experienced, friendly team of software engineers, architects, and program managers to build a smarter connected world.
What You’ll Do as a SpinDance Senior Software Engineer Mobile
- Use languages like Java, Swift, and Kotlin to develop mobile apps for a variety of IoT products: consumer, transportation, health care, and industrial.
- Apply your understanding of software development in other domains, including Cloud, Embedded, Web, and Machine Learning. Don’t worry if you don’t already have these skills; one of our core values is mentoring and learning!
- Learn to use IoT methodologies and protocols to build next-generation connected solutions.
- Use TDD, CI/CD, and DevOps methodologies to develop high-quality software.
- Work on Agile software teams to collaborate with customers to build the right solution for their unique requirements, timelines, and budgets.
- Support business development efforts through quoting and writing proposals.
- Help SpinDance grow by being a thought leader inside and outside the organization.
What We’re Looking For
- Have a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent professional industry experience. A strong sense of software craftsmanship is a plus. At this time, we are unable to sponsor visas.
- Have 7+ years of experience in developing native and hybrid mobile apps for both iOS and Android platforms.
- Some experience in Cloud development, especially in distributed systems, is a plus, as is a willingness to learn. Don’t worry if you don’t know IoT. We’ll teach you that part, although some background in IoT is helpful.
- A desire to gain experience and mastery across multiple domains (Cloud, Embedded, Mobile, and Web).
- Familiarity with common mobile architecture patterns, such as MVC, MVP, MVVM, Redux.
- Experience with building reusable UI components.
- Experience developing applications that communicate with connected devices over Bluetooth and WiFi.
- Familiarity with database libraries, such as CoreData and Room, and the underlying database technologies, such as SQLite.
- Knowledge of communication protocols and paradigms such as HTTP, GraphQL, WebSockets, MQTT, synchronous, and asynchronous.
- Someone who loves the culture of a small company and enjoys working on every part of the software development life cycle: requirements gathering, architecture, development, testing, deployment, and support.
- A background or desire to work in a DevOps environment.
- A desire to learn and share what you’ve learned through a variety of avenues.
- Strong interpersonal skills: teamwork is essential to us.
- A history of technical leadership is a plus. This could be project management, management, or functioning as a technical lead.
- Experience communicating to customer stakeholders and C-level executives is a plus.
- Being able to write a killer blog post is a plus.
SpinDance, established in 2000, is a profitable software company focused on craftsmanship and pragmatic solutions. Our team of around 50 includes people of all ages and walks of life and who love waking up every day to solve all sorts of interesting problems.
Here’s what we offer:
- A competitive salary.
- Work anywhere in the United States.
- A fun, caring team who holds each other accountable for results and values a healthy work/life balance.
- Flexible hours and locations. As knowledge workers, we understand the need for balancing community and collaboration with deep focus. We use Jira, Pivotal Tracker, Google tools, and Slack to stay connected, and we trust our team to work where they want when they want.
- Standard 40 hour work weeks. We understand the best work comes from reasonable schedules sustained over months and years, not death marches. There are times where more work is expected, but in general, we aim for 40 hour weeks.
- Great healthcare and dental insurance.
- Paid vacation and time off.
- 401k with a matching contribution of 100% on the first 3% of your eligible earnings and an additional 50% on the next 2% of your eligible earnings.
- Ongoing professional development, including books, conferences, and certifications.