On this #AskIoT episode, we discuss how to produce real ROI from your smart home devices (hint: it’s the data), the types of connected home products to stay away from and what role insurance and utility companies are playing in the smart home space.
Tony Mauro, CTO of Plasmatic Technologies, sits down to explain how sharing your smart home device data with utilities and insurance companies can turn a smart home product from a luxury item into an ROI producing machine, the fragmentation of the connected home device market and why you should never buy generic IoT products for your home.
#AskIoT Questions on this episode:
- As a consumer, what benefits are there for using connected home data for insurance and energy savings?
- How do you overcome the challenges of a fragmented connected home device market?
- Is it better to stick with one brand for smart home products or buy from multiple vendors and work on integrating them together?
- Are there any smart home products to stay away from?
- Have you seen any smart home products that scare you?
If you’re interested in connecting with Tony, you can find him on LinkedIn!
About Plasmatic Technologies: Plasmatic created a smart home platform for service providers including insurance companies and electric utilities that seek to deliver effective and engaging smart home programs.
Have any IoT related questions you want us to ask on a future episode? If so, tweet us @iotforall or use the hashtag #AskIoT and we will be sure to