Linksys, the connected home division within newly merged Belkin International and Foxconn Interconnect Technology (FIT) entity, today announces new software updates for Velop Tri-Band users aptly named Linksys Shield. Powered by Trend Micro, a global leader in cybersecurity solutions, Linksys Shield is a premium subscription software service for users to block unwanted content/category and provide an additional layer of digital protection for your connected devices and family.
Additional Security Features:
- Content filtering flags sites that contain adult, violent or unwanted content and allows you to choose which types of sites your kids can visit
- Advanced browsing protection by checking the sites you visit against a database of millions of known threats, can help prevent you and your family from unsuspectingly visiting malicious sites
- Age-based content filtering, ability to schedule screen time and pause the Internet on specific devices
“Linksys prides itself on Wi-Fi performance including speed, coverage, and reliability and premium user experience enabled by software enhancements,” said Justin Doucette, senior director of product development, Linksys. “We want to put the controller back into the hands of our users, so they feel empowered to protect themselves and their loved ones from any potential danger in the digital world their own way.”
“Having Linksys continue to select us as their security partner of choice makes us very proud,” said Hideyuki Tsugane, director of IoT business development at Trend Micro. “Together we are helping protect the homes and minds of Linksys users by securing their digital information in our exceedingly connected world.”
- Parental Control Subscription is $4.99 per month or one year for $49.99 and is available today via firmware and app update
- Network Security Subscription is $1.99 per month or one year for $19.99 and will be available later this year
About Belkin International
In 2018, Foxconn Interconnect Technology (FIT) merged with Belkin International (Belkin®, Linksys®, Wemo®, Phyn®) to create a global consumer electronics leader. Today, this group leads in connecting people with technologies at home, at work and on the go within the accessories (“Connected Things” – Belkin brand) and the smart home (“Connected Home” – Linksys, Wemo and Phyn brands) markets.
© 2019 Belkin International, Inc. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
About Trend Micro
Trend Micro Incorporated, a global leader in cybersecurity solutions, helps to make the world safe for exchanging digital information. Our innovative solutions for consumers, businesses, and governments provide layered security for data centers, cloud workloads, networks, and endpoints. With more than 6,000 employees in 50 countries and the world’s most advanced global threat research and intelligence, Trend Micro enables organizations to secure their connected world. For more information, visit www.trendmicro.com.