Theftex an IoT-based tracking solution provider, announced that its Thingfox T2 asset tracking solution has been accredited by Lufthansa, Lufthansa Cargo, and Brussels Airlines for use in the tracking of air cargo.
The Thingfox T2 asset tracker is a complete all-in-one solution for any business looking to follow the movements and integrity of its cargo, whether that be transported by sea, land, or via air.
Uniquely, Thingfox T2 provides global intelligent tracking and route monitoring all managed via a cloud-based client-accessed platform and app. A single Thingfox T2 unit costs just $99.00 with a monthly charge of $5 when the device is in use – making it one of, if not the most, cost-effective approved trackers on the global market.
The Thingfox T2 measures just 11.84 x 9.9 x 3.01 cm, weighs in at 119g, is water- and dust-resistant and has status LEDs. It comes complete with multiple sensors, including temperature, light, shock, magnetic, and orientation, allowing the user to remotely provision sea, drive, and flight modes. The Thingfox T2 also includes “Monitoring Alerts” which automatically alert the user (via email or SMS) should an asset deviate from a pre-prescribed route or location or deviates from sensor ranges like temperature.
The Thingfox T2 has been designed as a low power-consumption solution and uses a combination of connectivity solutions from u-blox to provide any condition global asset visibility:
- u-blox Nina B112 low energy Bluetooth® module
- u-blox Sara 422 is a Multi-band NB-IoT / LTE-M EGPRS module with a 2G fallback option supporting nearly global connectivity plus jamming detection
- u-blox MAX-M8 module utilizes concurrent reception of up to three GNSS systems for the most reliable positioning including minimal acquisition times while maintaining low system power. It supports message integrity protection, geofencing, and spoofing detection
- u-blox CloudLocate for 10x extended power saving over a standalone GNSS solutions
- u-blox AssistNow for Real-time online A-GNSS service with assured global availability
- u-blox connectivity services are delivered by the Thingstream IoT service delivery platform
Andreas Gießler, CEO and founder of Thingfox, said, “We have developed an all-in-one global asset tracker which not only provides a versatile and powerful global solution but is a fraction of the cost of inferior alternatives. Thingfox T2’s accreditation by Lufthansa means we are well placed to take asset tracking to another level.”