Eseye’s 2023 State of IoT Adoption study reveals IoT’s global connectivity challenges, with just 1% achieving 98%+ connectivity.
We are thrilled to present our most extensive 2023 State of IoT Adoption study to date, representing a monumental step forward in understanding the global landscape of IoT implementation. Having gathered responses from over 1000 participants, this study unveils profound insights that underscore the pivotal role of global connectivity in IoT initiatives.
At the forefront of this groundbreaking research is a revelation that underscores a pervasive issue within the IoT landscape. A staggering 96% of businesses are mired in subpar levels of connectivity, and this finding solidifies Eseye‘s longstanding assertion that many IoT challenges can be traced back to device-related factors.
The 2023 State of IoT Adoption highlights core discoveries that are nothing short of eye-opening:
- Global Connectivity is Paramount: A resounding 78% of respondents emphasize that attaining near-100% global connectivity is fundamental to their business strategies. It’s a testament to the essential nature of a connected world.
- A Struggle for Excellence: Astonishingly, merely 1% of businesses can claim to achieve connectivity rates exceeding 98%, highlighting the uphill battle that many organizations face in this domain.
- The Pitfalls of Cost-Cutting: A significant 71% of participants have recognized that opting for budget IoT connectivity providers does not translate to a prudent long-term investment. Quality often takes precedence over cost in the IoT realm.
- Prioritizing Device-Centric Approaches: A remarkable 80% of those surveyed concur that a device-first approach is the linchpin to IoT success, underscoring the importance of robust, dependable hardware.
- The Allure of End-to-End Services: Nearly 90% of respondents express a keen interest in monthly subscription plans that offer comprehensive end-to-end IoT services, affirming the demand for holistic, hassle-free solutions.
This research provides invaluable insights into the IoT market, dissecting the divergent approaches and adoption rates in the UK and US. Additionally, it delves into which industry verticals have embraced IoT most enthusiastically, making it an essential resource for organizations seeking to thrive in the rapidly evolving world of IoT. Don’t miss the opportunity to glean vital insights from this comprehensive study!