The network evolution: learn about the business benefits and costs of migrating from old 2G and 3G to the more capable 4G and 5G networks.
The network evolution: mobile network operators around the world are in the process of migrating from old 2G and 3G networks to more capable technologies like 4G and 5G. The consequent sunsetting of 2G and 3G can have significant consequences for organizations that have relied on these networks for their IoT projects.
Renowned IoT industry analyst firm Transforma Insights, in collaboration with Telia and Ericsson, has compiled a white paper describing how the 2G and 3G network closures will affect enterprises, as well as giving recommendations on how enterprises should act when considering upgrading from 2G/3G. Get insights into the potential cost and benefits of a technology upgrade as well as a greater understanding of the new modern technology options that are available including LTE, NB-IoT, LTE-M, and 5G.
In this white paper on network evolution you will learn:
- Why operators around the world are doing this as well as get an overview of when and where this is happening.
- Transforma Insights has identified five possible implications for enterprises and their IoT solutions, and how to get started on the transition journey.
- The cost involved but also significant benefits of migrating to newer network generations. Because replacing hardware and changing logistics of course involves cost but there are also significant benefits for enterprises migrating to newer generations. New technologies offer new capabilities, but there are numerous other benefits, for example, introducing new management features and cheaper tariffs.
- We share some learnings from Telia’s massive AMR (Automated Meter Reading) case, where almost 2.5 million meters are being rolled out on new NB-IoT networks.
- What cellular technology options are available today and how do capabilities like coverage, longevity, and costs differ between them? Learn more about LTE, NB-IoT, LTE-M, and 5G.
- Finally and most importantly Transforma Insights gives 10 recommendations on how enterprises should act when upgrading from 2G/3G to new network technologies.