The world has moved to the mobile era, leaving ordinary desktop devices more and more behind. While customers are spending at least 5 hours a day with a cellphone in hands and absorbing almost 70% of web traffic, a growing number of companies are becoming inclined to digitize their business strategies, acknowledging mobile as the most viable platform for long-term development.
Going beyond the desktop to satisfy business needs, companies increasingly adopt a mobile-first approach to the corporate technology stack. Here are three secrets to launching enterprise mobility solutions that will let companies confidently and courageously meet all challenges of the age of enterprise mobile applications.
Secret #1: Be Courageous Choosing Enterprise Mobility
The implementation of modern enterprise mobility solutions requires substantial funding and management of change. This makes entrepreneurs ponder over a difficult choice between upgrading old technologies or completely replacing them with more modern programs.
Making this choice takes a good deal of courage. Still, since outdated systems trigger great hidden costs and risks, a smart choice would be to leave outdated legacy systems behind and leverage the latest technology. Once a leader embarked on this road, here are the goals to pursue to end up with a quality solution:
- Set up a high level of security and make data protection personalized, tailored to the requirements of your company;
- Introduce cloud technology comprising its public and private levels for every customer;
- Ensure quick access to data and availability of regular updates and prompt support;
- Maximize profits by improving employees’ productivity and reducing overall spending.
Secret #2: Develop a Strategy for an Enterprise Mobile Application
Among the top factors that affect the price of mobile app development are its complexity, creators’ business logic, and the number of features planned to be added by a developer:
- Functionality: adding more functions complicates the development but also makes business processes more efficient and simplified;
- Platforms: the choice of platforms influences the time needed for app development;
- Integrations: an opportunity for easy integration makes the implementation of enterprise mobility solutions optimized;
- App Security: investments in-app security are needed to maximize company data protection eliminating potential vulnerabilities.
Follow the next few recommendations to make your enterprise mobility management strategy successful in the long run:
- Define reasonable and clear objectives asking yourself what you want to achieve with the project and how the enterprise app will help you meet your overall organizational goals;
- Choose those functionalities which will make your customers’ lives easier and bring value to them.
- Build a minimal viable product (MVP) to estimate its prospects on the real market and potential for high demand among users.
- Focus on the platform which will manage to meet all your needs without exceeding the pre-planned budget, considering the demographics of target users.
- Allocate one-fifth of the total budget for app maintenance to effectively engage the users, ensure corporate security, and lay the ground for improvement of the app.
Secret #3: Embrace Latest Trends in Enterprise Mobile App Development
For maximum impact, introduce the latest smart technologies in your enterprise mobility solutions. This will improve the efficiency of the solution and competitiveness of your company at large. Here are the latest trends and innovations to consider:
- introduction of augmented and virtual reality into app structures;
- resorting to m-commerce rather than e-commerce;
- using an enterprise app to improve supply chain management;
- the use of artificial intelligence (AI) for in-app automation and user support;
- using IoT technology to improve app personalization and analytics.
Enterprise mobile apps are great tools that will let you manage the varied demands of the business starting with employee engagement and finishing with lead generation and supply chain management. Thus, do not approach it as an expense; instead, take it as a smart investment into your enterprise.
If you have enough skills and courage to manage the change, take the time to develop a well-thought-out strategy, and follow the latest trends to make your enterprise mobility solution truly efficient, you’re sure to make it a success.