On this episode of the #AskIoT series, we sit down with Neil Jain, Product Manager at Site 1001, to discuss what exactly it means for buildings to be “smart”, where building owners are seeing the most ROI from installing IoT and the future of the smart building revolution.
We also discuss who the “end user” actually is for smart buildings/facilities (hint: there are a lot), the types of data buildings collect, where that data is being used and the connectivity infrastructure necessary to efficiently collect data.
For those of you who are unfamiliar with Site1001, they focus on the smart buildings and facilities industry. They have created a platform, Skylight, to help those who manage, operate and use those buildings and facilities can work smarter.
- How do you think the connected home device market will evolve in the next 3-5 years?
- In the near future are we going to see one large Smart Home provider (e.g. Nest/Google Home) or modular solutions (locks, vents, cameras, appliances) bridged at the application layer?
- What are some of the weirdest smart home products out there?
- What is the role of privacy in the smart home?
- Are there any smart home products you’d stay away from?
If you want to connect directly with Neil, you can check him out on LinkedIn!
Have a question you want to hear answered on a future episode of the #AskIoT series? Tweet to us at @iotforall or use the hashtag #AskIoT and we will do our best to feature it in an upcoming episode!