Joanna Wallace, Head of Engineering at Plasmatic Technologies, sits down with the #AskIoT team to talk about the consumer side of the smart home market. We debate whether the smart home device market will consolidate or remain fragmented. Joanna shares the strangest smart home products she has seen with the team.
#AskIoT Questions on this episode:
- How do you think the connected home device market will evolve over the next 3-5 years?
- In the near future, are we going to see one large smart home provider (e.g. Nest/Google Home) or modular solutions (locks, vents, cameras, appliances) bridged at the application layer?
- What are some of the strangest smart home products out there?
- What is the role of privacy in the smart home?
- Are there any smart home products you’d stay away from?
If you’re interested in connecting with Joanna you can connect with her on LinkedIn!
About Plasmatic Technologies: Plasmatic Technologies extracts value from streaming connected home data by leveraging the growing adoption of connected devices to meet service provider needs for data insights and stronger customer engagement in their dynamic and competitive markets.
Have any IoT related questions you want us to ask on a future episode? If so, tweet us @iotforall or use the hashtag #AskIoT!