Extending the Life of COBOL Applications
Ever had to deal with corrupt COBOL data files? Ran into problems scaling a COBOL application beyond a few users? Want to extend the life of a COBOL application and avoid unnecessary maintenance? If so, you’ll be glad to hear there is a way to modernize COBOL applications without having to touch their code, FairCom c-treeRTG. It looks like data files to a COBOL application, but it’s actually a database with client/server and standard SQL support.
For 60 years, COBOL has been powering mission-critical applications for organizations. And despite its age, COBOL continues to be the backbone of a large number of applications, and because of this, companies are choosing to continue to invest and enhance their capabilities through COBOL modernization. COBOL applications running on servers instead of mainframes often become difficult to maintain and scale because they’re limited to primitive, file-based data access. Further, COBOL application data is difficult to access outside of the applications themselves. The end result is an untenable mess of processes for fixing corrupt files and sharing data.
In this webinar, we’ll explain how to modernize COBOL data access by replacing data files with a database – and how to do it transparently so no code or runtime changes are required.
Join us and learn how c-treeRTG helps:
- Eliminate corrupt COBOL data files
- Allow COBOL applications to scale to thousands of users
- Provide BI/reporting tools with access to COBOL data
- Support non-COBOL applications and tools via SQL
- Extending the life of a COBOL system, preserving years of investments
- No COBOL code changes, reducing modernization costs and TCO
- See how NEW application development with modern language support such as Python, PHP, Java, .NET, or even C applications can allow for a safe migration strategy.
If you could benefit from no-code COBOL modernization, we hope you’ll join our upcoming webinar, Extending the life of COBOL applications and unlocking their data.