SpinDance, a leader in custom Internet of Things (IoT) software, is looking for a developer to join our growing team of engineers. As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will work on Embedded, Cloud, and Mobile software projects in the rapidly expanding world of IoT. If you love using multiple languages in a variety of domains, you’ll love working at SpinDance.
At SpinDance, we focus on developing solutions for startups, Fortune 500s, and everyone in between. As part of our engineering team, you’ll get to work on projects across a wide variety of industries. You’ll work with an experienced, friendly team of software engineers, architects, and program managers to build a smarter connected world.
What You’ll Do as an Embedded Software Engineer
• Use languages like C and C++, combined with your experience with common embedded operating systems and microcontrollers to develop embedded software for a variety of IoT products across a number of industries: consumer, transportation, health care, and industrial, to name a few.
- Learn to use IoT methodologies and protocols to build next-generation connected solutions.
- Develop on IoT-enabled hardware platforms with WiFi and BLE capabilities such as ESP32, nRF52, and STM32.
- Develop software on different operating systems, including Bare Metal OS, FreeRTOS, and Embedded Linux.
- Use CI/CD and DevOps methodologies and concepts to develop high-quality software.
- Work on Agile software teams to collaborate with customers and build the right solution for their unique requirements, timelines, and budgets.
- Apply your understanding of software development in other domains, including Cloud, Mobile, and Web. Don’t worry if you don’t already have these skills, one of our core values is to mentor and learn!
- Support business development efforts through quoting and writing proposals.
- Help SpinDance grow by being a thought leader inside and outside the organization.
What We’re Looking For in an Embedded Software Engineer
- Have a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent professional industry experience. A strong sense of software craftsmanship is a plus. At this time, we are unable to sponsor visas.
- Have 5+ years of experience developing software professionally in embedded contexts. Don’t worry if you don’t know IoT, we’ll teach you that part, although some background in IoT is helpful.
- Experience in working with microcontroller hardware peripherals including GPIO, I2C, ADC/DAC, SPI, UART, and PWM required.
- Experience with embedded security concepts, such as encryption, authentication, secure boot. TLS and chain-of-trust desired.
- Experience working with different types of embedded build systems, including Cmake, Make, and vendor toolchains/IDE desired.
- Experience with designing Over-The-Air (OTA) firmware update solution desired.
- A desire to gain experience and mastery across multiple domains (Cloud, Embedded, Mobile, and Web).
- Someone who loves the culture of a small company and enjoys working on every part of the software development life cycle: requirements gathering, architecture, development, testing, deployment, and support.
- Experience or desire to work in a DevOps environment.
- A desire to learn and share what you’ve learned through a variety of avenues.
- Strong interpersonal skills: teamwork is very important to us.
SpinDance is a 20-year-old, profitable software company focused on craftsmanship and pragmatic solutions. Our team of around 50 includes people of all ages and walks of life, and who love waking up every day to solve all sorts of interesting problems.
Here’s what we offer:
- A competitive salary.
- Work anywhere in the United States.
- A fun, caring team who holds each other accountable for results, and values a healthy work/life balance.
- Flexible hours and locations. As knowledge workers, we understand the need for balancing community and collaboration with a deep focus. We use Scrum and Slack to stay connected, and we trust our team to work where they want when they want.
- Standard 40-hour workweeks. We understand the best work comes from reasonable schedules sustained over months and years, not death marches. There are times when more work is expected, but in general, we aim for 40-hour weeks.
- Great healthcare and dental insurance.
- Paid vacation and time off.
- 401k with a matching contribution of 100% on the first 3% of your eligible earnings and an additional 50% on the next 2% of your eligible earnings.
- Ongoing professional development, including books, conferences, and certifications.
Interested? Let’s Talk.
If you want to learn more, drop us an email at [email protected] Make sure to include the following:
- Your resume.
- Contact info, including your name, email address, and a good phone number to reach you at.
- Some sample code and/or a cover letter explaining why you’re interested in this position.
- We’ll get back to you within a week to continue the process.